Sorry for this non-contributing mail to the art list, Ubuntu team, but I just had to respond to the following:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] heeft op dinsdag, 9 mei 2006 om 22:24 (Europe/Amsterdam) het volgende geschreven:

Why don't we use Gnome and KDE themes regularly ? It seems you use Mac
OS X to build those icon. That's a shame, isn't it ? Does that mean
Quality Artwork implie Macs OS X and its Art software suites ?

I find this a narrow-minded and unuseful remark. We're developers, and we need to develop an operating system. Just because some of that development team doesn't dogfood doesn't mean there's anything wrong with their contributions. Mac OS X is a great operating system and I swear by the art programs that are available for it. Instead of complaining about the fact it would seem wrong to imply that quality art can only be made on proprietary software, you should thank him for contributing. I personally also contribute with Adobe Photoshop CS2 because it does everything I want it to and am familiar with it.

I'll gladly give up my software freedom if this is what helps me help others retain theirs.

Having said that, I do agree with some of your complaints. Whatever happens, let's keep the art discussion regarding the icons going and open.

Regards, Michiel