hi I am fairly new to the list..

I've compiled a spreadsheet summarizing most of the artistic ideas,
features, and re-orginisational woes that people have been having on the
mailing list since the release of Draper. I've put it up here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkTeam/Drafts

Considering the recent spout on Win vs. *nix, I've saved it as a csv
(the fields are separated with commas, and double quotes). The original
is an OOo file, so if you want me to use that instead, I will post it.

I hope this document can be used as a  "scratchpad", and ideas can be
thrown out or padded out at the meeting in Paris. I've covered roughly
330 message threads, and come out with 60 separate ideas. That's not
very good, and I'm hoping most of it can be thrown out.

I apologise in advance if I have accredited an idea of any of yours to
someone else, this was not my intention. I also apologise if I have
misrepresented what any of you have said -- each description has a link
to the relevant thread on the messageboards, so the correct context can
be interpreted. Please change what I have written to suit your original
thoughts on the matter.

I would also like to comment on what I have read, for the benefit of
those artists who have joined recently, and are a little confused at the
mailing list chaos. Please correct me if I am wrong: although Draper is
a big leap forwards in graphics compared to Breezy, there seems to have
been a great deal of organisational problems at the end of the last
development cycle.

Hence, Launchpad (https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-art/) and the Wiki
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/) were implemented to try and mitigate
this problem. I have my reservations about having two unfinished
organisational systems in place, but they both have a role: launchpad
will allegedly deal with the hierarchy of the artwork team (and to make
the previous hierarchy of team-members jealous); whereas the wiki is
intended to create a focus for direction in the artwork contributions
(and create more legwork for existing team members).

I hope this clarifies things, and the Paris summit can be a successful
organisational front for the upcoming release cycle.

Kind Regards,

- Niel Drummond