I'll put up the shiny logopart in various formats, including photoshop original (sorry guys, i'm not gimped yet) and png. I'll look into setting up a little wikisubpage for the stuff.

/Niklas

2006/6/27, Michiel Sikma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Op 27-jun-2006, om 16:13 heeft Michiel Sikma het volgende geschreven:

> Op 27-jun-2006, om 16:11 heeft Troy James Sobotka het volgende
> geschreven:
>
>> On Tue, 2006-27-06 at 07:33 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
>>
>>> The desktop colour should not be too bright, or it becomes tiring to
>>> look at all day. We generally have chosen to go with darker, richer
>>> colours so that there is less strain on the eyes. Also, we are
>>> preferring not to have distro branding that is so obvious  (the big
>>> Ubuntu logo) but instead to choose images which are distinctive
>>> enough
>>> that they are immediately recognisable in screenshots to anyone who
>>> has worked with Ubuntu before.
>>

>> I think this is very important.  We need to establish a
>> clear idea as to how much branding is acceptable.
>>
>> Perhaps during the proposal phase we can offer up a good
>> spectrum of similar ideas that feature branding through
>> to non branding in a good gradual progression.
>>
>> We should probably collect this comment as well.  Niel?
>> --
>
> It's also important to note that bright backgrounds just don't seem
> to cut it in general due to the poor size and opacity of the shadow
> underneath white text underneath desktop icons.
>
> That nice rendition of the logo that Niklas made might be useful in
> other contexts, however.
>
> Michiel
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --

PS: Niklas, could you provide a source version or 32-bit transparent
PNG of that logo (http://www.weidel.se/gfx/desktop2%201400.png )? I'm
sure it'll be useful for others.

Michiel