Hello fellow artists,

Today marks the official end of the Ponder phase. We've had some great texture
submissions by a variety of contributors and I will be arranging them on the
Wiki in the next few days. Expect this work to be done by the 10th of July,
2006. Until that date you can still send me ideas and I will add the best
ones to the submissions and consider them for the Ponder results.

Besides wrapping up Ponder, today is also the starting date for the Propose
phase. During this phase we'll be looking for compositional proposals for
each of the four community artwork targets: the usplash, GDM theme, login
splash and the desktop wallpaper.

What are we looking for? Pencil sketches, unfinished mockups, black and white
art and simple SVGs of the compositional ideas you've got. The slogan for
this phase is almost "the rougher, the better", meaning that loose ideas and
sketches are more valuable than finished pieces of art.

We'll be using the sketches and drafts to share, combine and refine ideas for
each artwork target. Theme teams can use these sketches if they want and I
know that Kenneth will be looking here for great compositional ideas for
Kubuntu artwork as well.

Please take note that your submissions should be licensed under the CCSA
license. You should include a statement with your artwork like: "I hereby
publish this work under the Creative Commons Share Alike license." This makes
it possible for everyone to use sketches as a starting point for new
submissions.

The Propose phase will last until the 27th of July, meaning we've got three
weeks to refine the ideas. After the first two weeks I'll assess the progress
we've made and make sure we're on the right track, which leaves one week to
resolve any problems and finish leftover ideas.

I'm looking forward to working together and getting some great compositions by
the end of this phase. If you have any questions or doubts, don't hesitate to
contact me or the mailing list, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks
for reading.

With kind regards,

Frank Schoep