Troy James Sobotka wrote:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/EdgyProposals/LSplashProposal

In the limited time I had today, I tried to offer up a better selection of mockups for the lsplash.

I chose the lsplash initially because all of the critical
elements are contained within it -- backing texture (TBD),
loose logo, loose title, etc.  All of these elements should
be easy to extrapolate into some version of a logon screen.

If someone can find the time, it would be nice to see some
viable logon screen mockups submitted. I will attempt to mock up a few sketches based around the current direction.

Extreme thanks to Wiedel and Who_ for their work.  I did a
direct borrow for the compositional mockups.

Outstanding issues:
  *  Direction of flow with backing texture.
  *  Over glow of pill / logo / title gloss etc.  Niel
     and Frank are pounding out some Blender samplings and
     alternatives to the artistic glossy textures.
  *  Complimentary offerings of wallpaper, usplash, logon.
  *  Compositional variants if direction is given.

Hopefully someone can build on this.  XCF etc avail if need
be.  I transitioned them into uniformed PNGs simply because I
prefer to have identically sized contacts.

Anyone finding the time to offer variant proposals, I will try
to knock them out with time.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/EdgyProposals/LSplashProposal

Good luck and thanks again to all of those out there contributing
and helping the cycle development.

Sincerely, TJS
I might wanna try a splash screen like that for Tropic actually. I see you are finally planning a fancy splash screen, Fedora has a pretty nice one that I loved pretty much. I'll work on one for regular Tangerine too, but for now...

Viper550

p.s. I'm going to be using that glossy Ubuntu logo and device for my theme