On Fri, 2006-21-07 at 19:40 -0400, Viper550 wrote:

> Attached is a slightly better looking placeholder in a similar style, it
> actually HAS the logo on it this time,

Seems to me that it is irrelevant.  No colour chart,
no moire test / dither, etc.

Every one of those elements on the default has a reason.

Also, artwork will generate countless emails for no
purpose headed towards our poor code developers.

Live with temp art.  In this case it is functional
and it advertises the fact that you are using a
development version.