This is a really good idea. Forums have many advantages over a mailing list, I'd vote for this anytime.

Btw, I'm back and with a new computer. :)

/weidel

2006/9/3, Walter Tizzano < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
A very good idea ;-))
Mailing list is very unstructured

2006/9/3, PingunZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >:

An Ubuntu-Art forum.

This is a text based on an idea I had when I joined ubuntu-art.

I modified it a month later, so that I wouldn't tell any lies :)

The general idea is an artwork forum, replacing launchpad, the wiki and the Mailing List.

It explains the difficulties for beginners and tries to solve those problems.

Enjoy :)

a ) Current State.

- Register to launchpad.

- subscribe to the mailing list.

- Join the irc channel.

- Register to the wiki.

This causes a lot of work to stay updated.

You'll have to check your mail, the wiki and launcpad.

Eventually even join the irc channel.

b) Future State. ( With the forum )

- subscribe to the forum.

- Eventually subscribe to threads / forum sections.

- Join the irc channel.

A forum is easier to join and to stay up-to-date.

c) Goods.

- Forums are more structured.

- Its easier to join, attracts more new artists.

- Easier to stay updated.

- No more refering to wiki's anymore, just post the image.

- Easier to post and find guides.

- Discussions and feedback will be easier to track

- Only one site to check.

- Proposals, mockups are easier to publish.

d) Bads.

The risk of spam, flaming, .. But that is also possible in the mailing list.

Feel free to add some :)

e) Forum Layout.

Support : Questions about program functions can be found here.

Bugs : Current bugs in the artwork can be posted here.

Produce : Icons, wallpapers, *DMs, usplash', ... The real produce phase runs here.

Howto's and guides : User posted guides about making art or using programs,..

Incoming : Members post mockups, others revise it. Maybe even realise it.

Projects : New programs or projects can be introduced here.

Calendar : The ubuntu-art Calendar.

Artwork Cafe: A place where artists can chill out after a hard day of work.

f) Goal

The goal of this idea is really simple, attract more artists to join ubuntu-art.

And let them work more structured.