On Sep 5, 2006, at 10:08 AM, Steven Wallace wrote:
> I'm new here, how can I help? I'm at graphic designer based in
> Brisbane, Australia.
>
> Also where can I find hi-res ubuntu logos? Also what colour codes
> the ubuntu brand/corp image?

Hi Steven, welcome aboard. I'll answer your second questions first if
you don't mind. The official colors and logo are available on the
Ubuntu Wiki, on the Artwork/Official page, here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Official

To answer your first question I'll have to give you a bit of a
backstory.

Right now, we're halfway into the Edgy Eft (6.10) release of Ubuntu
and we're nearing the so-called Feature Freeze. Over the past two
months we've been coming up with artistic ideas, textures, colors,
compositions, styles, looks and other ideas. The last few weeks were
spent creating semi-final produced artwork which will be polished
after the freeze.

For Edgy, we drafted a plan and schedule to get the artwork done to
make sure we work as a structured artwork team. The plan and schedule
containing details are available on the following two Wiki pages,
it's definitely worth a look to see where we're at in the big picture
right now:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/EdgyArtworkPlan
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/ArtworkProcess

Where we can use help right now is creating accessibility (large
black and white) icons and -within a few days- polishing the chosen
artwork direction after the freeze. I'm sure I forgot some things
here, so to everyone: feel free to chime in. Also, good (long-term)
ideas are welcome on the mailing list, right now we've got some
"spare" time to discuss artwork related subjects.

If you hang out on the IRC channel #ubuntu-art on Freenode, you're
sure to pick up some interesting discussions as well. Again, welcome
to the team Steven, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

With kind regards,

Frank Schoep