On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 18:14 -0400, Viper550 wrote:
> I have found the final artwork for Fedora Core 6 (the next version of my
> preferred Linux distro), and I will tell you one thing now: It's going
> to wow you from your eyes to your DNA literally, because instead of
> widespread bubbles, we have double helixes everywhere now!
>
> http://people.redhat.com/dfong/fc6graphics/
<snip>
> Viper550

Well from the looks of this art it's pretty clear that Fedora's artwork
goals are different than ours so while it may be perfect for some users
not everyone will be inspired by it.  And by the looks of that I'd say a
fair number will be intimidated instead.

I installed the fedora wallpaper from the link above and you're right
about it looking pretty smart.  In combination with a glossy black image
on the panel and a dark gtk-metacity combo it would look geeky as heck.

The GDM theme fits right in if that's the goal.  Looks like you're going
to need a degree in computer science immediately after logging in. Maybe
the carntoonish nature of their icons will lessen that some but then it
may actually be their intention.

The logon splash at the bottom of the page gets kudos for looking a bit
more interesting than the basic round cornered rectangle that it is(by
adding the extension around the helix cord on the far right).  Good use
of the 1 bit transparency there i'd say.

I'm happy to see fedora pushing their art a little more!  It's going to
be a very technical look but then for free desktops to be taken
seriously they have to be competitive on every level.

Thanks for keeping us apprised Viper,
--
Chuck Huber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>