Hmm .. I'd love to see this in edgy !
The image could be a little better ..
- The logo slightly less to the edge.
- The Blurred border should go.
- Maybe even drop *rounded* things because it really scales awful on widescreens or high-res screens ;)

But still .. even if the image doesn't improve a lot .. its 100* better then the current ( ugly ) grub :)

Nice work, great idea !

Cheers

2006/9/30, Viper550 < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Toby Smithe wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 11:07 -0400, jmak wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Why is the border between the dark and the light tone kind of blury?
>> Also if you would create an 'S' shape for the gloss, like the one on
>> the folder, would improve it. And the logo is too close to the edge.
>> Otherwise, I like the idea.
>>

> My points:
> * I like the blurred effect
> * The logo should indeed be equidistant from the top and right edges.
> Currently, it is nearer the right than the top. Moving it left a tad
> would do the trick.
> * Would the white font (I'm guessing that's the colour to be used) show
> up as well at the top of the menu on the grey background than the bottom
> (on the black)?
>
> Otherwise, great job!

Thanks, the text colors that GRUB applies when it is used with a
background is white with a black shadow. Later today I'll fix it up, and
maybe make an SVG (I used Fireworks MX to make that, it's got some
vector support, but only in it's own PNG files, and I exported it so I
could get it down to 14 colors, but I can easily edit the logo placement
with the normal bitmap tools).

Viper550.