In order for Operation Last Stand to work, we will be requiring an
exception to the current FeatureFreeze status. Below is the email I
fired off. You may still begin work on OLS related artwork, but
everything is riding on this email's result.

You may have heard that due to the artwork not being accepted by the
development team, all artwork in Edgy has been reverted back to Dapper's
artwork. This is bad, because:

1. Every release has had new artwork upgrades
2. New artwork shows the user that the upgrade was a success
3. People would be confused if Edgy had the same artwork as Dapper, they
couldn't tell if the upgrade went through correctly, when it really has!

All of this is very important, we should not allow all our work to go to
waste! I have set up a final plan for making suitable Edgy artwork, by
just rebuilding on Dapper's design cues. But, in order for this plan to
work, we require a freeze exception for all ubuntu-artwork and related
packages. All it is, is just artwork. Nothing else, there should be no
regression (except for the people who like Dapper's artwork so much that
they'd enjoy it for one more release). Every version of almost every
operating system and Linux distribution has had some sort of redesign on
new major releases, letting artwork slide on Edgy is a very bad idea.

So, please do the right thing, grant the Ubuntu Artwork Team an
Exception to the current FeatureFreeze. That should give us just a few
days to get some final artwork ready for primetime.