Hi,

I'm afraid that I am not too happy with either the Edgy boot screen or the Edgy
login screen. They are too "gel-like" and not "clean" enough. This gives the
distro an unprofessional look.

I am not an artist, but I do not like to critize without giving suggestions.

Here is a quick attempt at a login screen.

http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~snapp/ubuntu-login.png

I've tried to keep somethings in mind:

1) Keep it more or less 2-D.
2) Light, almost frosted, transparent overlays.

I will probably try to come up with a similar boot screen... Is it possible to
make the ubuntu "circle" throb like the circle in the corner of firefox,
instead of using a bar???

-Bart
@$*@&%$*&[EMAIL PROTECTED]&[EMAIL PROTECTED]&*%#*&[EMAIL PROTECTED]&%*&[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&
Hamlet had one big edge on me. His father's ghost told him exactly what to do
while I am operating without instructions.

                                       --Kurt Vonnegut Jr.