Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> I agree that alternative fonts in the interface might look spiffy, but
> readability comes first together with coverage in a massive amount of
> languages.

Beside the point of the language there is one more think has to be taken
into account and that is the smoothing.
I use Ubuntu on WXGA LCD screen and the best looking I got with
monochrome setup so far. Earlier the font rendering was not easy but
today to get the best effect on the fonts I only have to take away the
smoothing (none) and add the hinting (full) and this way the system
looks perfect on WXGA LCD screen. This does not apply to all fonts for
some reason. Default fonts (Sans) are good now and Bitstream Vera family
as well. I would not change them.
Cheers, Erno