Jan Niklas Hasse schrieb:

> On Nov 26, 2007 8:50 PM, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>

>     Window border: Yes and no. I don't know if Compiz can do blur at
>     an acceptable performance. Each time I've enabled blur in the past
>     it has crippled the performance. Maybe it has changed, but I doubt
>     it.
>

> It can and works flawlessly well on my computer (nvidia fx5900xt). But
> I think it requires Pixel Shader 2.0 or something similar.
It does not work on my ATI with the open radeon driver (fglrx worked
with Beryl, haven't tried with Compiz).
So this is not an option for us right now. Even if it would work. we
can't have a standard-theme that requires Compiz - this would mean a lot
of duplicate effort to create a matching gtk-theme that does not require
compositing.

P.S. a transparent panel is nothing I would recommend either. The GNOME
panel does not support real transparency. I have my panels set to
autohide and fake transparency is just awkward when you have a window
boarder underneath.

--
Nick Bauermeister
http://forlong.blogage.de