Cory K. wrote:
> Dylan McCall wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Cory K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Who wrote:
>>     > Hi all,
>>     >
>>     > I spent a few hours just playing the other night as I wanted to
>>     relax
>>     > and I ended up with the wallpaper that can be seen at
>>     >
>>     >
>>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/UbuntuExplosion
>>     >
>>     > Feedback would be much appreciated
>>     >
>>     > Who
>>
>>     You know, I'm not one who usually adds to the "+1" or "OMG that
>>     roxorz"
>>     kinda noise but this is stunning. Really. This is sitting on my
>>     24" LCD
>>     now and just looks gorgeous.
>>
>>     -Cory
>>     <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art>
>>

>> I agree, that does look great! Very abstract, but actually unique --
>> something that gets trickier by the minute.
>>
>> That picture seems a bit like I a deciduous tree would look if we were
>> to stare down at it from the top. May be a fun direction to look at!
>>
>> Bye,
>> -Dylan McCall
>>

> Actually, if I work out the animated wallpaper trick that *should* be in
> GNOME now, something like this would be cool for some kinda
> "color-shift" effect.
>
> Ill dig into this tomorrow on my Hardy box.
>
> -Cory

Well I couldn't help myself an the fading trick does indeed work on
Hardy. I've attached an example wallpaper.xml file that fades between 2
wallpapers. I also don't know what the "starttime" means yet.

I haven't tinkered with color changes to the wall though. I just tested
to see if it works. I will say at the example settings it's a bit
choppy. Longer fade durations and subtle color changes might look better
though.

You edit the example to suit the images you want then you can D&D it
(the .xml) to the wallpaper dialog.

-Cory

<background>
  <starttime>1184295694</starttime>
  <static>
    <duration>25.0</duration>
    <file>/usr/share/backgrounds/example1.png</file>
  </static>
  <transition>
    <duration>15.0</duration>
    <from>/usr/share/backgrounds/example1.png</from>
    <to>/usr/share/backgrounds/example2.png</to>
  </transition>
  <static>
    <duration>25.0</duration>
    <file>/usr/share/backgrounds/example2.png</file>
  </static>
  <transition>
    <duration>15.0</duration>
    <from>/usr/share/backgrounds/example2.png</from>
    <to>/usr/share/backgrounds/example1.png</to>
  </transition>
</background>