Denis Jacquerye wrote:
> The Ubuntu Brainstorm title could definitely be improved. The letters
> of the word "brainstorm" seems to be have ad hoc. Could it simply use
> the letters from the font Ubuntu Title, available in the package
> ttf-ubuntu-title, or from Ubuntu Titling. [
> http://betatype.com/node/36 ]

The Ubuntu font has always been rather sad in terms of execution in
addition to being rather derivative of Fedora's official font.

Yes, Christian's work is exemplary and elevates the font to a
professional level regarding spacing and ascents etc.  Judging from his
blog post comments however, I can understand why he probably isn't
absolutely thrilled with his intended audience.

Short of getting Christian's work implemented as the new official Ubuntu
font, there are only two options as far as I can tell:

 * Manually adjust the bleak font spacing to help rid the nasty
typographic colour.
 * Use the official font _only_ for the term Ubuntu.  It simply doesn't
qualify as a font for other uses unless we as a group are happy with a
rather amateur presence.

I would give a huge vocal plus one to Ken if he can get Christian's work
on the map regarding the power structure.  Licensing can apparently be
sorted out as he seems open to making changes.

Sincerely,
TJS