..on or around Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 01:00:22PM -0500, xl cheese said:

> There was a bug opened a while back about it being hard to resize the window
> as it currently is design.  There was a suggestion to make a transparent
> border that was thicker so it would be easier.  I think that bug was closed
> and labeled not a bug.
>
> With the new metacity supporting transparancy I wonder it it would be
> possible to create a metacity with a thicker edge that was fully transparent?

it seems strange to me that the borders of windows would be made thicker
/all the time/ just so they could make better click targets when someone
needs to resize.

why not just use a keyboard bind? hold down ALT when near an edge or
corner to resize. if within range (4 pixels) the cursor changes to a
resize cursor.

it works with my current window manager just fine. GNOME should do it
too and free up those precious pixels - a lesson in K.I.S.S.

cheers,

--
julian oliver
http://julianoliver.com