Oliver Morgan a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm completely new to all of this - so please give me some leeway if I
> say anything dumb!
>
> I like new wave - it certainly is beginning to look like a complete
> system. I just wondered that is looked very OSXy with Vista-type
> transparencies. I just mean to say it isn't very groundbreaking. Maybe
> this isn't the right place to ask this but with the proliferation of
> the glassy look and transparencies I just wondered if we should think
> about it all from the ground up a bit.
>
> I mean I get that inactive windows gain some translucence but why?
> Wouldn't it be better if we made alerts appear with a translucent
> background - they are not working windows but notices - so making them
> translucent makes them not interfere so much....
>
> Also I wondered about title bars. There is more real-estate left-to-
> right than top-and-bottom. What if windows stacked that way and title
> bars were at the left (maybe the top panel and bottom panels left and
> right too).  This would also make stacked menus expand in one
> direction (if you see what I mean).
>
> Are these sorts of changes possible - can I mock things like this up
> or is it a waste of time?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Oliver
Hi Oliver!

I don't really see what you mean, maybe you can mock it up. But if you
want the bar to be on the left, I see two problems:

1) If the names are written vertically it becomes really annoying to
read and not user friendly at all;
2) If you want the menu titles to be written horizontally on the left,
you lose a huge amount of place.

But maybe I have a wrong image in mind...

Cheers,

François