..on or around Wed, May 07, 2008 at 08:59:10PM +0300, Anton Kerezov said:
> Hello everyone,
>
> As you may have read ???François and I are wondering what direction the
> New Wave theme to go on:
>
> Either this way:
> http://img172.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=74539_NewWave_test_07_122_995lo.jpg
> ???(the taskbar should be one idea lighter, I think)
>
> that is closer to:
> http://bradwjensen.deviantart.com/art/Ubuntu-Theme-Mockup-Dark-67903127

Brad's mockup is much more resolved than the above New Wave test, though
i liked Francois' original mockup just fine.

i'd like to see an implementation as-close-as-possible to what was in
Francois' original New Wave mockup (min/max/close titlebar icons
included!) and take it from there with adaptations where necessary
(ideally after testing it)..

what i am most worried about is the early dependence on Compiz.. do drop
shadows really matter? i know Cory disagrees here but shouldn't you
complete a theme without Compiz dependence and then work toward it as an
extra?

i teach with Ubuntu on a regular basis at university and in several
cultural centres: one of the first things i do is turn Compiz off as it
simply doesn't play nicely when one is programming 3D graphics
applications (a topic i often teach).

keep up the good work,

--
julian oliver