On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 10:32 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Here are the first taskbar icons (added on the wiki):
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/NewWave?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=taskbar_icons.zip
>
> If you have any remark/question/request about color/size/shape please
> don't
> hesitate. Also, I don't really know what others are missing (a
> bluetooth
> one? Network warning?...) so please tell me which ones I should make.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fran?ois

Really like what you are doing with New Wave. I noticed in some of the
wiki screenshots there is an icon theme with little ubuntu logos on the
some icons (most visible in Nautilus) which in my opinion is far too
dark. I think that title/menu/status bars etc should be black or grey
just as you've made them, but the actual content of a window that we
have to interact with should be colourful (probably brown/orange/red) -
i.e. folder icons etc. I also think this will really give New Wave a
chance of being default (if that is you intention?), Mark likes his
brown/orange/red!

My feeling is that the most common icons to appear in the taskbar (aside
from those you've made) are Tracker, Pidgin, Evolution Calendar alert,
Rhythmbox, Remote Desktop, Transmission, Package Manager and Bluetooth.
I realise some of these are applications, but I think it will ruin the
unity of the theme if some taskbar icons are monochrome and others not.

How do we actually add the icons to the New Wave theme so we can test?

Also, I noticed a potential usability problem. By making the title bar
and menu bar appear as one, it is easy to automatically and mistakenly
click and hold on the menu bar in order to try and move a window. I
think part of the reason I did this myself is because I've come from
Windows Vista where the menu bar (well, its gone actually, but the strip
where it used to be!) can be clicked to drag a window just as readily as
the title bar can be. Relatively minor I suppose, but just thought I'd
point it out!

Keep up the good work!

Nick