>On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Brian Fleeger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to submit another, more plausible theme proposal to the Intrepid
> wiki, but I want to know if Murrine will allow for customizable
> backwards/forwards buttons in nautilus (as well as system-wide).  My idea is
> basically based on the current Human theme, but just tweeks some details to
> result in a whole new look.  Everything in this "look" is already available,
> except I want to include Alex Faaborg's Firefox3-style back/forward buttons
> as a nuance to enhance nautilus.

>>From: Salane Ashcraft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>That does look neat - and i have seen themes with customized buttons.
>>Just ask around...

That's great!  I cannot do theme coding myself, but if it is possible then the
Canonical people should be able to pull it off pretty easily.

>>What is the theme you created on the wiki?  I really need for people
>>to discuss guidelines and start working on a unified theme, instead of
>>their own themes.

I have submitted two themes so far: Gimmie Human, and Long Term Vision (LTV).
This will be my third.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/Gimmie-Human
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Long_Term_Vision

Both of the previous themes I submitted were VERY complex, and would be almost
impossible to implement in any reasonable time-frame.  I even started a
launchpad site for Long Term Vision, but so far have not been able to motivate
any themers to help.

In any event, I am now inclined to think a radical/drastic visual overhaul is
neither necessary nor desirable.  The Human theme (minus its window borders)
has always been my favorite.  Even though I never cared for the window borders
or max/min buttons, the mellowness of Human is just the least jarring out of
anything I have ever seen on GNOME-Look (outside of the apple clones).  I think
the new theme should strive to be as inoffensive as possible to the greatest
number of people, while still introducing reasonable UI improvements and subtle
beauty.

Regards,
Brian