On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Ashton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Justin Dugger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> The font is used in other promotional materials and lettering.  Just a
>> quick listing off the top of my head:
>> * the tag line "Linux for human beings"
>> * The Full Circle Magazine
>> * Ubuntu Brainstorm logo
>> * Anywhere you'd like to convey an association with Ubuntu
>> * Tons of other promotional materials
>
> I'd argue that all these other uses, aside from the obvious "kubuntu",
> "edubuntu", etc, dilute the brand significance, and are a mis-use of what
> should be thought of as part of the circle of friends logo. Not something
> meant to ubuntu-i-fize other ordinary text. Even the tag line. Obviously,
> what is done is done, and it is too late now.

Well, this is more Advertising discussion, but while it might dilute
the significance, it also broadens it's meaning.  You can't have the
tag line be a different font, that's ugly and stupid.  You could do
without the tag line, but then you're not really saying anything at
all, which might be fine for a boot screen, but for anything more you
probably want to avoid mixing fonts if the logo is central to the
work.

Justin Dugger