2008/7/24 Duncan Austin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> Grrr... the gtk doesnt have to be brown or orange. It isnt currently.
>> Why cant it be white with orange/brown tooltips and highlights? That
>> with some orange/brown icons would be amazing, clean, and would be
>> Ubuntu, way more so than the current theme is.

exactly.

but it's important to know where the parameters are. The reason I wrote
about my thoughts on the general direction is because I'm enthusiastic to
get involved with the look on Ubuntu, but I personally think the current
direction won't really work - just my opinion - and wanted to gauge whether
I should get involved or just potter around on my own at gnome-look.org.

>From the reaction so far it seems like my ideas on the direction aren't
compatible and that it's set on orange/brown/dark which is I think is a
mistake. Of course I may be wrong, but it dictates whether I get involved
here or do what I believe in on my own.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be snooty or anything, just
trying to see if this is something I should get involved with....

Duncan