Sorry for the top post, I'm new to mailing list etiquette.
Yeah, I noticed the OSX influence on it, but does that mean we should avoid
it? Look at AWN, it's popular because it's functional, yet it was derived
from OSX. I was just posting this as inspiration.
I'm not suggesting ubuntu ships with AWN or OSX icons, but I like the colors
of the borders, the backgrounds, and even the warning box. Gnome theme's
don't make it to the front page of digg. This design is very eye catchy, and
I don't see why we would be opposed to giving Ubuntu a breathe of fresh air.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Cory K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Alexi Helligar wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Vadim Peretokin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'd just like to show my support, as many other people positively had,
> for
> >> this theme: http://digg.com/linux_unix/Intrepid_Ibex_Mockup_Designs
> >>
> >> Cheers.
> >
> > This theme is a closer to what I think Ubuntu should be working
> > towards for Intrepid. I don't think there should be as many rounded
> > corners as in the mock-ups.
>
> Please don't top-post.
>
> Outright copying another OS's design is a crappy idea. If our target
> audience is OSX/Windows users there's nothing wrong with taking design
> cues but this example here is just bad on so many levels.
>
> Another issue I see is it requires compositing. Now I'm fine with
> cutting off a particular set of users because of HW requirements but  I
> don't control Ubuntu. So until compositing is standard, or we cut off
> certain users, we're unfortunately stuck.
>
> -Cory K.
>
> --

- Mike