On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Witchlines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> this is my first post, I hadn't found anithing about this; I'm using
> Ubuntu Desktop since 2005; I'm wondering about how professional are
> the builtin Ubuntu wallpapers.
> It's all really for free? There is some professional get paid for them?
> How can someone get paid for making some piece of artwork in Ubuntu?

It's simple economics. If an artist can find someone interested in
commissioning a piece of art, the artist can get paid to create it and still
give it a free culture license.

Of course, if this model doesn't suit you, you can always fall back on more
conventional copyright. Good luck getting someone to pay you -- which is why
most Windows wallpaper distributors fall back on free (as in beer) and sink
ever further to surreptitious malware installs and the like to get "paid".

Your choice.