> > I *tried* to implement the Dust theme using one of my other themes
> as
> > base. Try it out:
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/kid_orig/themer/Dust-0.tar.gz
> > (requires Aurora engine installed)
> >
> > It's still a bit far from the mockup, and some apps have problems (most
> > notably Firefox, due to quirks in the Aurora engine). Anyone care to
> > help?

I've updated the theme, taking most of your comments into consideration.
The download link is still the same.
Here's a screenshot:
http://www.geocities.com/kid_orig/themer/Screenshot.png

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 16:09 -0700, Dylan McCall wrote:
> It looks good, I think, even without the gradients so far. I like the
> dark brown highlight that you've thrown in for the window list,
> although I think the text is pretty difficult to read above it right
> now.
>
> I like the way that window buttons correspond very evenly to the
> rounded titlebar corners.
>
> Hopefully gradients won't be too much of a problem. The title bar
> looks fine without, but the toolbars and status bars are both really
> begging for it. (Particularly the status bars).

I've added the toolbar gradient, but I can't do the same for the status
bars (I have no idea how).

> I found it fairly difficult to tell the difference between foreground
> and background windows when just the title bars were visible. Fading
> out the close button more (to the same extent as the text, more of
> course if it already is), and adding that little glint of light off
> the top (as in the mockup) may remedy that.

I won't do this (yet) since I'm planning to redo the buttons to match
the mockup.

> I'm not sure about the black menus, since these are foreground
> content, and as a rule of thumb the Dust mockup has the foreground
> content as dark on light. I am sure the kind fellow who did the mockup
> has a thought to contribute there.

The dark context menus make dark menubars work in OO.org and Firefox. :\

> Nice work so far, Kido! Good luck with the rest; I love this theme :)

Thanks :)