On Monday 01 September 2008 18:40:42 Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today I put Kin, Dust, and New Wave into my PPA so that people can install
> and test them. Please, don't flip out if it is not the very latest version
> or such; I simply picked the latest stuff I could find on the wiki and put
> it in. I'll modify this as needed once we have discussed it a bit.

Perhaps I should explain what this really means :-)

https://launchpad.net/~kwwii/+archive is the url for my PPA. A PPA (Personal
Package Archive) is a place in which I put source code and it gets
automatically compiled and is then available for others in an easy fashion.

What that means is that if you add these as sources in Synaptic Package
Manager...

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kwwii/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kwwii/ubuntu hardy main

...you'll be able to install the packages and see when they get updated.

1) start synaptic (System->Administration->Synaptic Package Manager)
2) enter password
3) Synaptic opens, add the repository in Settings->Repositories->Third Party
Software, click on the Add button at the bottom left

Naturally you can also just edit /etc/apt/sources.list with sudo rights and
then apt-get update to have it check for new packages on the command line.

If I have missed anything or anything is confusing feel free to ask for help.

--
Ken