Rico Sta. Cruz wrote:
>  - It's chaotic -- as an OS default, I was thinking it'd be nice to have
> something a little more subtle.

It doesn't have to be default. I wouldn't make it default either.

>  - It's not well polished -- as Thomas has pointed out, the wood background
> would benefit from having a little less presence.

What's stopping you from working on it? ;)

>  - It's a little too dark -- As an OS default, I think something more
> vibrant is in order.

See above.

>  - It's trendy -- It's not a 'timeless' piece, it's something that looks
> cool because it takes advantage of recent graphic art trends/cliches.

That's the point of wallpapers being tied into a release theme/name. I
don't see an issue with this.

> IMHO, I'd rather see a default wallpaper that's clean and subtle -- perhaps
> even just a plain photograph, or something like dust/smoke as pointed out
> earlier.
>
> I'll try to see if I can give it more polish and be more worthy of the
> Ubuntu brand, and also try to see if I can provide higher-resolutions of
> this. What do you guys think would be ideal? 1680? 1920? :)

Do *not* care about default. (have you read the list lately? :)) Just
make a killer Ibex wallpaper. :)

For Studio, I require 2560x1600 (16x10) where I can. I'd like to see
that. Maybe a 1600x1200 (4:3) as well.

-Cory K.