OK,

first problem is not a bug - entire theme is pretty OK as design but the
main problem is ..it is black.
This is the ultimate way to become usable by the "normal peoples" - and
that's the point. Ubuntu need to be a distro for all not for "a superior
elite" as many MAC users pretend to be ( an they had their own right to say
that - they had a simple, usable UI, nothing more, nothing less  ). And here
( as a designer ) I'm thinking about peoples on offices, enterprises,
institutions. Dust is nice but please try a ligher gray / blue version like
other nice themes do -  AIR ( for Gnome ),  Chrome-Like, Cromibuntu, Murinne
Frozen, Mithbuntu.

Not all peoples know to change colors - and many of them will not do that
..ever.

my 3,14 cents

2008/9/22 Rico Sta. Cruz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Dust has now been migrated to Launchpad.
> I've set up bug trackers for the GTK and Firefox themes. Please use them
> for
> any bug reports:
>
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/dusttheme
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/dusttheme-firefox
>
> You can also check out the code over at https://launchpad.net/dustthemeand
> https://launchpad.net/dusttheme-firefox.
>
> (Btw, Dust Firefox is also out:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/DustTheme)
>

> John Baer wrote:
> >
> > I downloaded the "Dust-20080920.tar.gz" file from the Wiki and when I
> > attempt to extract the contents I receive an error. :(
> >
> > I was able to get some items from the archive by pulling them out
> > one-by-one.
> >
> > Placing the folder "Dust" into my ".themes" folder did permit me to
> > choose the theme.
> >
> > But I do not know what engine I'm using. I assume "Metacity"? If this is
> > true, what about "Murrine"?
> >
> > What would be helpful is a testing guide.
> >
> > Test Dust "Metacity" engine
> >
> > Step 1
> > ... Do this
> >
> > Step 2
> > ... Do this
> >
> > Test Dust "Murrine" engine
> >
> > Step 1
> > ... Do this
> >
> > Test "Borderless" function
> >
> > etc.
> >
> > I apologize if I am making this too hard. I am using Intrepid Alpha 6 as
> > my test OS.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > John
> >

> > --