On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 21:06 -0300, spg76 wrote:

>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet/Submissions

> I updated the icon for drive-optical in the wiki. I gonna have to redo
> the small icons (mostly 22px and 16px)  but I just wanna show you what
> I got.

Good. The shadow is a bit strong perhaps, but we will have to tweak
shadows once there are more icons, anyway. There's something wrong with
the right side of the CD tray.

When I want to make sure shapes are symmetrical, I create a rectangle ad
place it above the half of the shape that I want to remove.

One way to do so is to create the rectangle with half the width (or
height) of the plate to align it to the plate.

Then I subtract the rectangle from the shape (select both, make sure
rectangle is above the shape, hit Ctrl-Shift-Minus).

Copy the shape, past in-place (Ctrl-Alt-V). Mirror the half and align it
to meet the other at what will be the middle (Ctrl-Alt-A brings up the
Align and Distribute panel).

Finally join with Ctrl-Shift-Plus.

In principal, one could use a clone of the half to have symmetry at all
times, but then you can't use one gradient for the complete shape.

From
https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/211894
it seems there's a solution as part of the technical drawing tool in the
development version of Inkscape.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: