On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 7:11 PM, David <thecookieofd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Smartboy <smartboyath...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Nice, but the Swiss army knife is trademarked. You'd have to make it a
>>> different color at least. :(
>>>
>>> Smartboy
>>>
>>> --
>>>

> Oops, sorry for top posting, that message wasn't even supposed to be sent
> out. I hit the wrong key combo and the message sent itself.
>
> Here's what I meant to say...
>
> The concept behind the swiss army knife isn't trademarked. Just the Swiss
> cross sign thing. I've seen lots of off-brand (red) fake swiss army knives.
> The logo on the icon is an Ubuntu logo, too.... As far as I know, everyone
> is allowed multi-tools like the swiss army knife. Only Victorinox and Wenger
> are allowed to put the Swiss Army Knife cross symbol thing on them, though.
>
> --
> David Mikucki
>
> --

Hi,

>From Wikipedia:

Numerous other companies manufacture similar-looking multi-tool
folding knives in a wide range of quality and prices. The color red
for multi-function knives, the cross-and-shield emblem, and the words
SWISS ARMY are registered trademarks of Victorinox AG and its related
companies.

I think it would still look great in Ubuntu-orange ;)

--
Iñigo Alonso Fernández
http://inigoalonso.com/