2009/2/12 Kenneth Wimer <kw...@ubuntu.com>:
> more information can be found in the attached pdf. A lot of great information
> was used from the Kyudo project

I appreciate the "don't copy the competition" and "don't use photos"
points in the document, .. but..

If you take a look at the latest (7) version of Windows you'll see
that one of the built in themes uses some generic photos. I assume
(but don't know) they are localised because the photos I see (being a
british person) are very "british". Hills, valleys, streams, stone
circles, cottages and so on. On the machine at work running Windows 7
there have been a fair number of comments from people passing about
how striking the images are, nobody seems to have paid any attention
to other desktop components or furniture.

Maybe photos aren't _such_ a bad thing, especially if they're
localised, and does _everyone_ have to see one single wallpaper?

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Al.