On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 12:44 -0500, John Baer wrote:
> I updated the wiki with my latest thoughts on metacity controls.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Jaunty/Impression/Metacity

You are doing a great job at documenting your work!

I think it has been said already, but please consider to make the WM
buttons oval (wider than tall). A morph between a rectangle and an oval
might also be an option. This way you might be able to get away from
Apple a bit while also making the target areas larger, without going
back to plain rectangular.

You should either try to make the buttons look more physical, or make
them decidedly virtual by dropping gradients or any other means of
making them seem to glow or shine.

For the physical direction, have a look at silicon, wax and backlit
buttons in general.

http://blog.makezine.com/Button-Pad-4.jpg
http://www.austco.com.cn/upimg/2007112015519.jpg
http://static-p3.fotolia.com/jpg/00/02/82/72/400_F_2827209_jc0h0pVWuWT4k8aLIXmoZ1LwOQA76Y.jpg