Oliver Scholtz 1 wrote:
>> For system-software-install, I don't think that a down arrow looks
>> appropriate. Down makes me think "download".

You download the packages don't you? :) I would agree totally with your
thinking if we were talking about gDebi for just installing. Which I
think we need to consider along with these 2 other icons.

>> As long as we're using a
>> box metaphor for packages, wouldn't it make sense to show an open box
>> to install a package? Or perhaps a closed box with scissors or
>> multiple arrows showing how the box opens?
>>
>> A few illustrative examples are attached.
>>

> I think it doesn't matter. Open or closed no imports.
> But a open-box in ralistic look is a big problem for small sizes.

We could bend the flaps down. I like this concept of the open box for gDebi.

-Cory K.

PS: Some mails are hitting the list quite late. From what I've heard,
it's something on Canonicals end.