On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Cory K. <coryis...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> davidholland1...@gmail.com wrote:
>> you all have valid points but for me at least, using Gimp, Inkscape,
>> or Qcad does not come as easy as using Photoshop, Illustrator, or Autocad
>> and since i am a artist not a developer or a programmer, i cant change
>> the behavior of any of the programs mentioned to make them more like
>> what i am used to photoshop .etc
>>
>> i simply dont have time to learn a parallel program that may or may
>> not work as well as non-opensource soft but preforms the same tasks.
>
> I would honestly wager to sat you can do most of what you do in
> GIMP/Inkscape. Admittedly it takes work. But you, like many others,
> don't want to change. So it's up to us as a team to decide whether this
> is something we want to accept.
>
> I'd love to see some of your AutoCAD work. :) Damn shame they aren't
> making a Linux port with all the work they're doing on the Mac one.

So are we, as a team, going to criticize others of our team because
they are tied to one program? I thought freedom was not only freedom
in what you can choose on Linux, but freedom to use what you want. By
trying to force people to use only open source software, we are not
being free in all senses of the word like Ubuntu wants, and are
actually turning into want we are trying to fight against (if you
would call it that, which I wouldn't).

>> that said i think saving in formats that are free and easly used by
>> all would serve us well.
>>

> Still something that needs discussed.

Does it need to be discussed? I think that, since most files can be
saved in freely available formats by most standard programs, then it
should work fine.