Hi all,

I've seen a few queries recently by people thinking about creating
artwork for Karmic, but don't know what colour-palette to use.

According to one of the blogs on the planet
(http://www.lamalex.net/2009/05/chasing-the-white-whale-the-year-of-the-linux-desktop-and-new-ubuntu-theme/),
Mark Shuttleworth has now hinted that there's a good chance it won't
change at all in the next release:

it has taken a long, long time to pull together a design team
i had hoped to have that team in place six months ago, but it’s still forming
i think we will make good progress in the next cycle
you can already see a few things that have borne fruit from that team
notifications, time zone selector in installer, etc
but it’s fragmentary
i’m pretty darn confident we’ll have a new look for 10.04
but i think only pieces of that will emerge for 9.10

For anyone wondering what colour-palette to use, I think it's probably
a good idea to stick with the current orange/brown, and deal with any
changes that might arrive once an official announcement is made on
what the new one will actually be if there will be a new one at all.

Regards,
Alex