Cory K. wrote:
> Oliver Scholtz 1 wrote:
>> Am Montag, den 06.07.2009, 15:33 -0300 schrieb spg76:
>>> I made some of the folders based on this. Here's a screenshot in
>>> Nautilus.
>>> http://files.getdropbox.com/u/113489/folders2.png
>>> Let me know what you think.
>>>

>> I think the emblems on the folders from mac_v are much nicer ...
>> Download, music and video aren't nice. Download is to neon and the
>> shadow too strong - the music-note isn't the nicest ... but okay!? -
>> video isn't clear and ugly ...
>>

> I think as far as the coloring goes its the same as other icons.
> Therefor, I think it's fine as-is or we also change the other icons
> using the color.
>

> -Cory K.

Oliver has a good point.

Compare the folder download emblem with the same color on 16px emblem on
the left, is seems more neon because of the background orange folder.

Just adjusting the downloads green color for this folder icon is better.

BTW , *16px without the folder is a bad idea* , there is no *visual*
indication that the download arrow is just a folder the user has to read
the label to realize this ! it seems more like the action buttons.
Similarly for the audio and the video folders, they seem more like audio
or video files.the documents is similar to the copy action icon.

Having the folder in the background of the 16px is better, even if the
folder is 50% opacity. and even if only 5 px of the folder is visible.

Just my 2 cents.

cheers,
mac_v