On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Chris Tooley <euxn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Cory K.<coryis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think it would show more definition of filetype without the paper
> background as a border.  I also think it's an unnecessary trope left
> over from older systems that tried to represent digital information in
> a "physical" representation.  If you think about it conceptually, the
> paper is only there to serve as a reminder that the file is a file.
> But what else is it going to be? If we have these distinguishing marks
> (video negative, photos, music note) we may as well go the whole
> shebang.

I see your point but I like paper idea too :)
Of course, this it's a matter of opinion.
I'm gonna make the 16px only with the symbols like Cory suggested and see
how it looks.

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Cory K. <coryis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> mac_v wrote:
> > @ Sebastien: Cory is right about too much detail in the video mime
> > files. we could remove the "3" / the circles /bars / all 3 of them.
>
> Well, I actually didn't say that. I just wanted to achieve a balance.
>
> I kinda think some of Sebastien's icons have become a little less
> detailed over time. Something I'm not keen on. So, if ya wanna pin me
> down, sure. The film might be a little highly detailed but I don't wanna
> see it lowered too much. Just balance.
>
> You know, for the audio files, we don't /have/ to use a note for all of
> them. We could use a mix of music symbols. Treble/bass clefs for example.

I only make this icons to show the idea, they still need some work. So when
we are good to go, I retouch them and I try to maintain a balance in the
details.
BTW, Cory, what icons do you think need more details?
--
Seba (AKA spg76)
http://www.ubuntu-ar.org