On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 15:34 +0530, Boudhayan Gupta wrote:

> I can help with the wallpaper website, but I need some hosting space
> which should be able to run WordPress 2.8. Could you manage some?

No, sorry.

I think it's a bit early to worry about hosting.

Let's think a bit about requirements:
- Account management. Would be ideal if people could use existing wiki
accounts.
- Enforce a minimum size of uploads (only for wallpapers), maybe even
one of a list of fixed resolutions/aspect-ratios.
- Automatic thumbnail generation.
- Gallery pages with filtering/search.
- Mandatory specification of a license and author(s).
- Categories/Tagging:  photo vs abstract, tagging for a specific release
as the very minimum.
- Comments per submission, ideally nested.
- Notifications (email) on additions, edits, comments.
- Manage source files such as SVG and XCF.

Very nice to have:
- Ability to link with Flickr. Search both on the site and within Flickr
at once.
- Versioning. Allowing to add newer versions of a submission, while
keeping the old ones available. Mark comments as referring to a specific
version.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: