On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 22:46 +0100, Kenneth Wimer wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Tasks does have a list of things for people
> work on, but it need to be reworked to fit our needs better, I think (and
> more
> prominently linked/named).

Surely , it needs to better to be clearer as people are really not
noticing it.

> We need to keep in mind that the page should not get too long (ie having a
> thousand things to do with nobody doing them is useless as well) and that all
> the tasks listed are a) do-able without a broader effort

If the request is too large to be addressed we can remove it.

>  b) accepted by
> upstream (even if that upstream is ubuntu itself) so that work does not get
> wasted.

Upstream? For that we already have gnome art request page. And the page
works well upstream.
Event organizers can also request posters / T-shit designs for the
events. There were couple of such requests which went un-answered.
For Ubuntu-specific events there isnt any such wiki.

We can always be clear about the guidelines of what constitutes a
request.

> We have had problems and complaints in the past when subscribing the list to
> wiki pages. At least at first, I don't think that this is a good idea

Hmm... i wasnt aware of the earlier problems.
But we can learn from the previous problem and setup a clear guideline
as to what constitutes a request. [Would making sure the ML is not
subscribed to trivial-edit help?]
If it gets to be a mess , we can of course unsubscribe again ;).

Anyways... the main issue I was hoping to address is not having an Art
request wiki page.
Subscribing the ML is just an idea.

--
Cheers,