On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:56 AM, Lorem Ipsum <lrm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Ubuntu Artwork Team,
>
> I'm glad that you have put my theme (Wasp) in "community-themes" package
> but...
>
> Wasp is not a normal theme, in the way you have packaged it Firefox
> doesn't work properly and OOo doesn't work at all.
> Both apps need a script to patch them.
>
> I don't know how to solve this in a .deb package and this is the
> primary reason i've not yet created a PPA for Wasp
>
> If you have any suggestion please let me know

Hi Lorem,

I added Wasp to the package as we are coming up on the user interface
deadline and wanted to make sure we included some new themes in the
package. I assumed that by including the theme on the wiki in
Artwork/Incoming/Lucid you were putting the theme up for inclusion.
Unfortunately, the sort of things done in your install script aren't
really some thing we can support in a distribution package. Though the
problems that Wasp encounters are pretty common for darker themes. New
Wave also has work arounds for some of these issues which we can't
provide, but can be grabbed on GNOME-Look.

I'm certainly willing to help you push any tweaks to the theme that
you'd like to see into Lucid to help cope with these issues. If you
feel that the user experience is so poor that it mis-characterizes
your theme, I can pull it from the package if you prefer that.

Let me know if there's any way that I can help.

Sorry!

- Andrew