Hi,

Lubuntu is designed for very low hardware specs, including very old and
unusual graphic chipsets. So every bits which increase the CPU or memory
usage need to be useful.
I'm not an expert of the gtk engine, but could you point me the advances
of the cairo-based gtk engines ?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Julien Lavergne