Hi Thorsten

On 20/09/2010 11:06, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> What would you like to work on? Don't be shy, this is not binding.
> - Ubuntu

I guess spending time on Ubuntu artwork isn't really worth while, since
pretty much anything that the community submits will probably be
discarded in favour of what the paid-for designers are doing.

There's a community-themes package though, personally I'd really like to
have more of the really nice GTK themes that's available from gnome-look
in there. Ambiance is nice, but there's some things it does quite badly
(like not transparent panel items) that I and many others like to use.

> - Kubuntu
> - Xubuntu
> - Edubuntu

I'm currently doing most of the artwork work in Edubuntu, Here's some of
the things I worked on for the Lucid branding -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/Artwork/LucidBranding, for Maverick we
just refined that, I guess I should make a new wiki page for the
Maverick branding as well (even though late).

As part of Edubuntu or on a personal capacity I might end up adopting
the breathe icon theme (either in part or in whole) since we're using it
in Edubuntu and it needs some work to be closer in line with Ubuntu's
artwork vision. It would be great to have it updated while still
retaining the original design goals of the icon theme.

> - Lubuntu

When the first Lubuntu talks started I actually had some artwork
prepared for Lubuntu, but my packaging at that stage wasn't quite up to
scratch to get my changes in before the artwork freeze (this was way
back in the Karmic cycle). I haven't looked at it since, but I'll do so
some time and if it seems like they still need a hand I'll ask them if I
can help.

> - Distribution/flavor independent
>
> - Themes
> - Wallpapers
> - Icons
> - Posters, flyers, marketing material
> - Requested artwork for *buntu-related projects
> - Sounds
> - Videos
>
> - Planning
> - Implementation (draw a wallpaper, edit a gtkrc ...)
> - Packaging

I'm a MOTU and I'm also a reviewer on the REVU system, so if someone has
packaging they want reviewed or are in need of assistance then they are
welcome to contact me on IRC.

> - Testing
> - Bug fixing
>
> - Write a better theme engine
> - Fix theming related issues in GTK+
> - Develop infrastructure to assist creative processes and/or making our
> work easily available
>
> - Anything else I didn't think of?
>
> What are your related skills and experiences?
>
> Are there issues that have been hindering you, that we could address,
> perhaps? Am I scary?

There are people much scarier out there.

-Jonathan