On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 20:54 -0500, John Baer wrote:

> http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1066/5159498235_00fb7974c8_b.jpg
>
> Thoughts?

Graphically, these are much better. Though, on ubuntu.com, the
pictograms are kept in orange.

But what you have here are illustrations, not statusicons that indicate
the presence or lack of unread posts, plus whether there is a single
forum page or set of forums (called a category). (At least I guess the
read/unread thing applies to Category icons, too.)

In any case, I see a problem of weighting: the icons look like they
would be the most important thing in the body area, by far.

That's why I used rather small stars on
http://www.foopics.com/showfull/24cab922804efd5587f7d8d6109d168a
These rather simple and symmetric don't call for attention so much. The
Category titles/links are "marked" by the lack of stars!

BTW, I noticed the light gray for the forum is #f7f6f5. It should be
#f7f7f7, like used on ubuntu.com.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: