Hello,

To tell the truth, I have no idea what these logos represent. The first one
shows some text... with what? And I can undertand that it's text only after
I know that it's related to office. The second one shows a gear and
something unrecognizable for me. Gears usually scare away non-technical
users, and unknown symbols scare them even more. I'd rather use some symbols
of ideas, skills, craftsmanship, maybe ease of use.
Actually, all LibreOffice logos I ever seen seem to be from 199x to me, and
the one currenly used at http://www.documentfoundation.org/ is the best
because it's self-explanatory at least for people used to icons of
Win2k/WinXP/Vista, Mac, GNOME, KDE, etc. I guess it's a nice logo for the
foundation, though. For the logo of the suite I'd prefer something like the
bird from
this<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Libo-Splash-merged.png>design
because it's modern and symbolic. And this bird could also serve as a
mascot.

Respectfully,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff