On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:38:16 -0500
Saleel Velankar <svela...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Thorsten Wilms <t...@freenet.de> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, so we want to express high performance. But not performance by brute
> > force, no big machines, but rather by making the most of what you get,
> > by being small and light. Associations:
> > * Swallow
> > * Dart
> > * Ultra-light planes and gliders
> >
> > Some of these could be abstracted to shapes and colors.

This is where I get lost. I do not understand how you associate these
things to the artwork, so I have to leave this part up to the artists
who do know better than myself.

> I can see efficient performance working as a flavor.
> I have as I mentioned at uds particularly favoring the the idea of a bird/
> flight. Flight tends to imply agility/speed, freedom, seeing things for a
> not a commonly seen perspective. These are all powerful in the imagery they
> produce, at least in my mind. You say the next step is abstracting colors
> and shapes. Shapes I can see how, but how do we know which colors to
> restrict? How do we judge the value tritone color sheme vs. a monotone one ,
> for example. Sorry if this is super obvious, but I'm still learning.
>

> Why only by-sa? doesnt cc-by work as well? is the clause sharealike all that
> important? or are you saying that by-sa the most restrictive license the
> artist can put on it, and still have it be acceptable?
>

> @Charlie
> >A point to keep in mind is that Xubuntu normally has used the same scene
> for the wallpaper and the GDM
>
> I cant see that adding any restrictions to what we can and cannot accept.
>
> @Charlie
> Currently the color pallete is pretty limited to tones of 1 color, would the
> inclusion of other colors be a problem?

I don't know the answer. Traditionally, Xubuntu has used shades of
blue. It is easier for me to say we do not want reds, oranges, browns,
than to say other colors are okay. I think as long as they are not
dominant, we could mix the other colors in.

> --
> Saleel

- --
Charlie Kravetz