Ok, here's the deal.

@Thirukumaran K - I'm not sure that some organic shapes would fit
nicely in a design of this kind, with minimalistic and /as sleek as it
could be/ approach. I was experimenting with a lot of patterns,
textures, and different shapes to fill the background with, but I
didn't like how it turned out to be, every time. :/ But I will
continue my work on Ubuntu DVD covering, that's for sure. We want a
perfect Ubuntu DVD cover, right? :)

@Angus - I guess you don't like this cover at all, right? :) Just
kidding. Well, maybe the Gnome and the Linux kernel logos are not that
relevant to just Ubuntu concretely, but they are very relevant as
Linux iconography, and probably they are most known and recognised
Linux related logos. So considering fact that I tried to make
"universal" DVD cover, I wanted to add some visual identity of Linux
itself, not just Ubuntu. And for many people, especially ones not that
involved in Linux world, Ubuntu = Linux. And being honest, Ubuntu
actually IS the most relevant Linux represent today, so why not adding
some Linux iconography on Ubuntu cover.
As for the visualy identity with Ubuntu webside... I never wanted my
covers to look like part of some "Canonical DVD Cover Contest", but
I'm trying to keep my work within official Cannonical/Ubuntu color
palette at least, and ofcourse official logos, and font. But yes, I
was trying to do something more similar to Ubuntu website, just before
I finished this last one. But I'm not satisfied, and it needs more
polishing.
It's here:
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/3342/ubuntuorby1004.png