On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 20:59 -0400, John Baer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Erin Estes <e...@estes.com> wrote:
>         John,
>         I did post my submissions to that gallery, but I read over
>         some posts
>         here that said that gallery was no longer official and
>         submissions there
>         wouldn't be considered in the contest... I'm confused. Are
>         they entered
>         in the contest or not?
>
>         --Erin

Yes, they will *not* be in the contest.

These are the public replies from the design team:
<http://www.flickr.com/groups/ubuntu-artwork/discuss/72157625738501389/#comment72157625975660209>
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/2011-February/013201.html>

There was another reply Iain posted on the dubious group itself, but
that comment seems to have been conveniently deleted now.

Several Members here have also requested John to delete his group but
that group still exists.
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/2011-February/013204.html>
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/2011-February/013208.html>
The gallery was *never* official, it was always only John's own personal
interest group.

If anyone is saying that their group is "official" , ask them for public
replies . Else, they are just rick-rolling and robbing you of your
talent.

Btw, I have no bad-will if John wants to grow an Ubuntu-related art
community and if that is your intent too, pls by all means join his team
and help him. But be informed of what you are getting into.

--
Cheers,
Vish