Greetings and Happy New Year to everyone,

It has been a long time (7 months!) since we've had a team meeting, so I
think it might be wise to make reviving them a New Years' Resolution ;)

While we may need to readjust the day in the future since everyone's
lives will have changed since the last time, we will be guided by the
current recorded preference of Tuesday.

If you wish to attend the meeting, please mark Tuesday the 15th of
January, 2008 at 9pm (Sydney time) into your calendars. For other
timezones, refer to:

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=15&year=2008&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=240&continent=australasia

The meeting agenda resides on the Ubuntu wiki, at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/Meetings, which anyone is welcome
to contribute to (providing they will attend to lead the discussion on
their agenda item) Currently the agenda consists of organisation for the
Ubuntu representation at linux.conf.au (Australia's Premier F/LOSS
Conference), but we want more ideas!

For those who have joined the team since our last meeting, you can
participate by using an IRC Client (Pidgin is the default client on
Ubuntu, Kopete is the default for Kubuntu) to log into the freenode IRC
network (irc.freenode.net on port 6667 or 8001) and joining the channel
#ubuntu-au at the time the meeting starts. Meetings usually last between
30 minutes and an hour depending on how much is to be discussed.

In the mean time, feel free to enjoy some real-time interaction with
other Ubuntu users in our Support & Advocacy channel, #ubuntu-au, or our
new Chit-Chat channel, #ubuntu-au-chat.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to seeing lots of people there.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper

http://www.meldraweb.com