On Sun, 6 Jan 2008, James Purser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 00:07 +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > For film making, you might be better off with Cinepaint. Originally a
> > fork of GIMP known as Film GIMP, Cinepaint is used in many feature films.
> > More at http://www.cinepaint.org/
>
> Hrrm, Cinepaint has suffered from bitrot for a while now, though I
> notice that the author has done some work.

According to Sourceforge, they last made a release on June 12 2007, which
isn't bad for a large professional product. They're supposedly going through
a major revamp as well.

> > Ardour and Jokosher might be worth trying as well. They are multi-track
> > audio editors.
>
> Does Jokosher actually work yet? I haven't played with in a while, so
> I'm curious.

I haven't tried it in ages. I believe it's usable now, but not perfect.

> Ardour does my head in though. Probably cos I'm not a professional sound
> guy.

Ardour can be a nasty piece of work if you're not a professional. That's why
Jokosher is being built :)

--
"If you don't share your concepts and ideas, they end up being worthless.
Sharing is what makes them powerful." - Linus Torvalds